Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Beginnings

We are a couple months into our summer and have been very busy. Alaska (my frontier boy) just finished his second camp for cubscouts with his dad who was the den leader for the second one, Edison (my thoughtful innovator) is looking into the 4-H robotics club, Dannyboy (he has those Irish eyes) is tagging along and likes to swing and went for his first trip to the zoo, Button (as in cute as a) also went on his first trip to the zoo and this Saturday will receive the sacrament of Baptism.

This summer the house received a new water heater, air conditioner, and furnace (and to think we could have gone to Disney World!). We also painted the front door and garage doors, and replaced most of the wood trim around the roof. Oh yeah sanded and stained the deck, pressure washed the swing set, cleaned and organized the kitchen...I think that is all. Wow, I didn't realize how busy we've been!

In between I'm preparing for next years lessons and playing with the little guys and listening to all the remarkable ideas and thoughts the two older ones come up with, and trying to get enough sleep so I can keep up with it all.

I'm keeping this blog open to mostly family and friends, but we will have the blog names (at least for the kids) to preserve some privacy here on the big web.

Today, Alaska is sick with a stomachache, DB and Edison are playing video games on separate consoles (I hope to do more with them later -- my original plans were changed since Alaska isn't feeling well), Button is sleeping now which is why his mama is able to sit and get this blog up and running.

For the family -- I'll post pictures I promise.