Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Before Summer Ends Daybook

Outside My Window:

It is cloudy and cool.   I was actually able to open the windows yesterday for a little bit and air out the house.

I am Listening to:
The slight hum of the dishwasher as it finishes its cycle and occasionally the whirring of a circular saw (my neighbors are having some work done on their house).

I am grateful for:
-Little boys who accept their punishments with grace.
-A cat who enjoys my company.
-A husband who takes on a lot both at work and around the house.
-The fact that my family's and my health is doing well right now.

I am creating:
-Lesson plans
-Routines and Schedules
-To Do Lists
-Looking forward to Halloween outfits and making sure I pick up anything that would make a nice gift for Christmas (I know really early, but if I do a little at a time things go better).

My creative side is having to plan and do more practical things right now.  Other more creative projects are put on hold until the new school year begins and we're set in our new year.

  I am praying:
-For the repose of MomMom Marshall's soul and for Mom Marie and all MomMom's children and grandchildren who miss her.
-For my boys who will be starting the new school year next week.  I hope they make great strides in their life and learning.
-For Stan who is now the lead on a project at work (not to mention still assisting in many other projects) and is the den leader, soccer coach, robotics support crew for his children (and as always the chief fixer and planner around our house, and in charge of the Julie cheer-up team when things go awry).


A Few Plans for the Week:
Soccer has begun for DannyBoy and Alaska.  Alaska has practice twice a week this year.
I am finalizing my lesson plans for the boys and implementing it on Homeschool Tracker 
I use Sonlight which provides a schedule, but I play around with the books and schedule so much it becomes difficult to follow their schedule as written so I like the Homeschool Tracker for the ability to make and save lesson plans that I can use in the future.

Some Pictures to Share:


Alaska has been creating lots of gifts for his little brother and me.

  
 Button turned 2!  He had a Thomas the Tank Engine/Curious George themed party.  It was a wonderful, warm, but not too hot day, and we were able to have much of the party outside on our newly furnished deck.  The only sad part was MomMom Marshall's health was declining and we missed her and Grammy Marie and PopPop Butch.

Well my time for blogging has come and gone, but I'll leave you with one final picture.


DannyBoy say good-bye!